Storytelling is the true art of conveying a message, information or emotions through a structured narrative. It can take various forms including spoken words, written texts, visual media and much more.
But it’s not always easy.
That’s why I developed my storytelling training courses to help people just like you.
There’s no lecture with my training, it’s very much hands-on and totally customised to you and your needs.
Training can be delivered live and in-person or virtually over hours, days, or months: we’ll find something to fit your situation.
You’ll find basic prices and other add-ons, including ways to embed the learning, here.
What You’ll Learn Through Storytelling Training can cover any of the following:
- exploring the relevance of stories for both the Business or the Tech side including the little known science which points to their effectiveness in provoking action.
- knowing what keeps an audience enthralled – and what doesn’t.
- defining where stories can be implemented.
- realising what you need to consider about your audience to give the story meaning.
- pinpointing how to find the right story for specific audiences.
- discovering how to recycle a story to fit a theme or a specific audience.
- finding the central point of any anecdote.
- discovering the 18 themes that can be used for Teams, Projects, Leadership, Pitches and Behaviour.
- using brainstorming techniques to find even more story themes.
- discovering different structures for stories: from a one-minute anecdote to a one hour narrative.
- determining how to wrap data and technical information into stories that reach across to both technical and business sides.
- realising what a narrative arc is and how to use it to describe anything from behavioural change, product success or innovation.
- acquiring a structure to talk about what you do to colleagues, clients or… anyone else.
- learning the formula to give updates so you don’t stall when asked “How’s it going?”
- using narratives to inspire change.
- identifying and convey values through a story – either your own, a department or a whole company.
- discovering how to put together an elevator pitch to introduce yourself when meeting anyone from prospects to colleagues.
- knowing what details to omit and when you need details to communicate the narrative.
- finding out how to use emotion in your story for relatability.
- learning how to test your story.
- realising what to do if you feel exposed in telling your story.
- discovering linguistic techniques to hook listeners from the beginning and keep their attention.
- using Signposting to keep your audience on track even with complex developments.
- learning how to make technical or theoretical information tangible through the linguistic skills embedded in a narrative.
- enhancing your story with voice and gesture.
There’s never been a better time to get started.
Book in for a FREE 15 minute Discovery Call to see how I can help you with or your people with storytelling training and so much more!
Presenting and Pitching Courses
Nail your big moment, with loads of practical tips and opportunities to try them out. Courses can be customised to any level so that everyone becomes less vanilla and more thriller.
Communication & Influence Courses
I’ll turn you (or your whole team) into confident communicators, even with dispersed teams. It’s how you think, listen, build trust and establish credibility.
Storytelling for Tech and Business
Find the right stories for a variety of business situations and be able to convey them in a compelling way. When data and facts don’t cut it, a narrative can kick start the action.
Creative Problem Solving
Know how to use communication to come up with better ideas and put them into practice, even if you’re working with others on the other side of the globe.