Problem Solving Training
Problem-solving skills are the abilities to analyse challenges, identify potential solutions, and implement effective strategies to overcome obstacles.
These skills are highly valued in various aspects of life, including personal, academic, and professional settings.
So how can I help?
I offer problem-solving training to help harness your initiative and critical thinking skills to get any problem resolved.
Training can be delivered live and in-person or virtually over hours, days, or months: we’ll find something to fit your situation.
You’ll find basic prices and other add-ons, including ways to embed the learning, here.
Problem-solving training tips – here’s what you’ll learn.
The programme may include but isn’t limited to:
- defining ngles for creative thinking. For example, to determine vision, to explore root issues, to increase what’s constructive and positive; to understand roles and responsibilities, to generate strategy.
- observing models for creative problem solving to inspire.
- determing environmental factors that help create better ideas (and it’s not a day around a board table).
- pinpointing personal factors that help with creative problem solving ideation and application.
- discovering at least three ways to creatively solve problems.
- using improvisation skills, visual techniques and word play to generate and expand ideas.
- learning how to avoid groupthink in idea generation and development.
- finding out how to meld existing ideas and concepts to create something new.
- an exploration of five characteristics that bring ideas to life.
- using listening and matching to build on ideas.
- realising the language and non-verbal behaviour that shuts down creativity.
- discovering how to use language and non-verbals to originate ideas and build upon them.
- using the language of the Writer’s Room to avoid blocking creativity, by using techniques that steer thinking.
- deploying Appreciative Inquiry methods to create lasting change on a company-wide basis.
- finding strategies for prizing open the resourcefulness of extroverts and introverts, without one dominating the other.
- pinpointing strategies to conceive and develop ideas by oneself.
- achieving greater understanding and commitment to a creative process using techniques which include, but are not limited to: painting, craft, filmmaking, storyboarding, storytelling, theatre improvisation, writing, poetry, charts, presentations, acting or any other creative opportunity to convey and embody the process.
- increasing the likelihood of concepts being applied by determining challenges and preparing to mitigate them.
- determining methods to create, build and filter ideas asynchronously as well as synchronously.
- exploring ways of filtering and prioritising ideas, using techniques like the Memory Wall or the NUF Test.
- developing a simple action plan which determines what needs to be delegated and at what point.
- agreeing benchmarks to track the success of initiatives.
- forecasting ‘What ifs’ in order to achieve the desired outcomes.
- discovering the 5 minute structure to sell an idea to the Senior Leadership Team
It’s time to take control with problem-solving!
Book in for a FREE 15 minute Discovery Call to see how I can help you or your teams with problem solving training and so much more!
Presenting and Pitching Courses
Nail your big moment, with loads of practical tips and opportunities to try them out. Courses can be customised to any level so that everyone becomes less vanilla and more thriller.
Communication & Influence Courses
I’ll turn you (or your whole team) into confident communicators, even with dispersed teams. It’s how you think, listen, build trust and establish credibility.
Storytelling for Tech and Business
Find the right stories for a variety of business situations and be able to convey them in a compelling way. When data and facts don’t cut it, a narrative can kick start the action.
Creative Problem Solving
Know how to use communication to come up with better ideas and put them into practice, even if you’re working with others on the other side of the globe.