Business Communication Skills Training
Good business communication skills can make a huge difference to how well you succeed in the corporate world.
It’s not just how you present yourself, it’s also being able to clearly express your thoughts and ideas in a concise yet engaging way that achieves a desired outcome.
Consider this training as a delightful assortment, a medley, of the essential business communication skills you need.
Anticipate a hands-on approach rather than a formal lecture. Each element is personalised, meticulously attuned to your desired outcomes.
There may be call for video and I might suggest bringing in actors or Zooming in experts.
I’ve even used a film crew for people to film stories and pitches and at one point a team development session that culminated in a dragnet experience and BBQ!
Whether it’s an hour one-to-one or a group over days or months, expect a lively mix of psychological theory, exploration, discussion and a bounty of practice.
You’ll find basic prices and other add-ons, including ways to embed the learning, here.
Elements of My Business Communication Skills Training Course can include but aren’t limited to:
- defining the difference between influence, manipulation, and coercion.
- recognising how to overcome internal blocks in influencing.
- increasing self-confidence and two-way trust.
- identifying all the opportunities to create change both formally and informally.
- discovering how to deal with difficult interactions and resistance.
- exploring avenues to influence either directly or indirectly.
- developing structures to influence that can be used across contexts and beyond technical expertise.
- identifying your preferred communication style and adapt it to others to establish greater rapport.
- applying collaborative methods – even with introverts – to brainstorm and collate suggestions.
- enhancing your ability to raise objections and doubts whilst maintaining rapport.
- using your body language and posture to speak up in meetings – online and in-person – without feeling awkward.
- creating rapid and lasting bonds with teams and clients and prospects.
- discovering how to give punchy, engaging updates, whether to your team, SLT or the Board.
- using a structure for rapid influence – how to propose an idea without a single slide.
- structuring spontaneous responses to questions, without the waffle.
- learning how to use gesture for greater expressiveness as well as clarity.
- dealing adeptly with difficult questions and know how to defer them confidently.
- discovering how to use breath to enrich voice and achieve greater projection.
- finding techniques to add greater vocal colour to your voice.
- discovering how to ask for feedback and get the most from it as well as how to deal with feedback that may be perceived as negative.
- get from Talk to Action – quick ways to follow up after meetings.
- practising developing confident and approachable body language and positive first impressions.
- recognising leaking and dribbling – what you don’t say but give away.
- getting responses to your emails.
- dealing with conflict and misunderstandings through the written word.
- calibrating levels of directness through spoken and written communication.
- knowing how and when to adjust levels of gravitas and formality within different mediums.
- becoming more proficient at using a tone that reflects your intention when writing.
- defining the three types of subject lines that make people read your messages.
- structuring written communication to ensure you get the action you need.
- discovering commonly used phrases to avoid and learn what to use instead.
- learning the power and wording of holding emails.
- calibrating information for those who want the headlines and those who want details.
- discovering how to structure specific types of writing such as project agreements and reports.
Book in for a FREE 15 minute Discovery Call to see how I can help you or your people with business communication skills training and so much more!
Presenting and Pitching Courses
Nail your big moment, with loads of practical tips and opportunities to try them out. Courses can be customised to any level so that everyone becomes less vanilla and more thriller.
Communication & Influence Courses
I’ll turn you (or your whole team) into confident communicators, even with dispersed teams. It’s how you think, listen, build trust and establish credibility.
Storytelling for Tech and Business
Find the right stories for a variety of business situations and be able to convey them in a compelling way. When data and facts don’t cut it, a narrative can kick start the action.
Creative Problem Solving
Know how to use communication to come up with better ideas and put them into practice, even if you’re working with others on the other side of the globe.